Microsoft Private Cloud namely the System Center 2012 suite of products has enabled the cross platform management of multi-vendor hypervisors to make Virtualization a reality in heteronegeous datacenter environments which can service customers ranging from SMB (Small MediumBusiness) to large business around the world.
Unlike its predecessor, System Center 2012 integrates all Private Cloud management tools into a single suit, which consists of:
- Systen Center 2012 Configuration Manager,
- System Center 2012 Operation Manager
- System Center 2012 Service Manager
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center 2012 App Controller
- System Center 2012 Orchastretor
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager (DPM)
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
Ultimately Microsoft has made it technically feasible, operationally feasible and most of all, financially feasible in this context, which allows you to.
- Provide Resources through self-service requests. You can now create and publish new requests for cloud capacity resources in a service catalog and requesting new cloud resources with the service request form. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/01-Provide%20Resources%20Through%20Self-SVC.html.
- Drive consistent service delivery. A request be routed to the Virtual Machine Manager administrator for fulfillment, integration is now possible with Microsoft Private Cloud to drive systems automation, and you can now manage delivery of service based on MOF and industry standard IT service delivery of framework and practice. Watch it how here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/02-Drive%20Consistent%20Service%20Delivery.html
- Provision additional cloud infrastructure. You can performi a bare-metal deployment of a Microsoft Hyper-V host, create a new logical network and IP pool, and add a new host to an existing cluster easily. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/03-Add%20Additional%20Fabric%20to%20Accommodate.html.
- Delegate cloud resources. You can create private cloud resources and also create and modify a user role effortlessly. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/04-Delegate%20Cloud%20Resources.html
- Create consistency through service templates. You can create a virtual machine template, add an application, and create a service template with Service Designer, a component of Microsoft System Center 2012. Watch it here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/05-Consistency%20through%20Service%20Templates.html
- Perform a standardized application deployment to test. You can configure a service deployment and deploy the service just so easily and effortlessly now. Watch it here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/06-Perform%20Standardized%20Deployment.html
- Stage application resources. You can use the App Controller component of Microsoft System Center 2012 to manage application resources easily. Watch it here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/07-Stage%20Application%20Resources.html.
- Deploy an application on a self-service basis to a production environment. You can now deploy new applications and explore dynamic, on-demand configuration options effortlessly. Here is how you can do it via Microsoft Private Cloud http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/08-Deploy%20an%20Application.html
- Gain insight and visibility through reporting. You can now access reports in Service Manager and create and share reports easily and effortlessly. Here is how it's done http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/09-Gain%20Insight%20and%20Visibility.html.
- Monitor infrastructure. You can now perform network monitoring and visualization and reporting in Microsoft Private Cloud. This is how it's done http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/10-Monitor%20Fabric%20and%20Infrastructure.html
- Take corrective actions in the infrastructure. Using Microsoft Private Cloud, you can see a holistic view of cloud and network health and perform an automated remediation whenever necessary on a very easy basis. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/11-Take%20Corrective%20Action%20in%20the%20Fabric.html.
- Reduce time to resolution with application performance monitoring. You can now configure application performance monitoring, create a dashboard, and gain deeper application insight using Microsoft Private Cloud. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/12-Reduce%20Mean%20Time%20to%20Resolution.html.
- Deploy an update to service instance. You can now modify a service template and apply an in-place update with ease. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/13-Deploy%20an%20Update%20to%20a%20SVC%20Instance.html
- Explore creating dashboards. You can now create private cloud resources and create and modify a user role using Microsoft Private Cloud. Watch it how in here http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/XAP/14-Explore%20Creating%20Dashboards.html.
- Build a Microsoft private cloud using free trial software
- Review licensing and purchasing options
- Watch the Jump Start "Creating and Managing a Private Cloud on System Center 2012"
- Learn more about Microsoft’s private cloud strategy
- Review your options for training on the cloud
- Try Microsoft private cloud
- Try System Center 2012 software
Ken Sim, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Virtualization, Private Cloud & Windows Server 2012