Learn how containers work in Windows Server 2016 and how they can be used to increase deployment speed, workload density and decrease server overhead to create a more efficient IT environment. Workload candidates and security options are also discussed to help you understand how containers may best fit in your server environment. Finally watch a demo using containers to setup a test environment with SQL Server vNext.
- [0:56] What is a Container?
- [2:52] Are we going to get faster speeds and better density with Containers vs. a Virtual Machine?
- [3:34] What kind of density can consumers expect from Containers?
- [6:04] So should everyone ditch Virtual Machines for Containers then?
- [7:31] What about security? Are Containers as secure as Virtual Machines?
- [10:57] DEMO: How to Deploy a completely Containerized version of SQL Server vNext in Windows Server 2016