In part 5 of our “Open Source + Azure” series, Keith Mayer welcomes Tatiana Lavrentieva to the show as they discuss how you can deploy Linux Containers in the cloud using Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- [2:32] What is Docker and how are organizations using Docker and Azure together?
- [6:24] What are the main components of Docker?
- [10:00] Traditionally, Docker tools run on Linux ... is there support for running Docker tools on Windows as well?
- [18:00] How does networking work with Docker?
- [19:34] Is it difficult to get started with Docker on Azure?
- [24:04] DEMO: Provision simple Docker container app via Azure Preview Portal
- [31:00] DEMO: Provision multi-container Docker infrastructure via Azure Resource Manager template
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Keith Mayer's Blog
- Docker Blog on Azure
- Getting Started with Docker on Microsoft Azure
- Azure Resource Manager Quickstart Templates for Docker
- (Part 1) Open Source + Azure: Building Linux in the Cloud
- (Part 2) Open Source + Microsoft Azure - Implementing MySQL databases in the Cloud
- (Part 3) Open Source + Microsoft Azure - Building a web app using Node.js and Azure
- (Part 4) Open Source + Microsoft Azure - Implementing Big Data Solutions with Hadoop on Microsoft Azure