Thanks for attending my presentation today at the Columbus SQLPASS User Group chapter on SQL Server Options in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure.
We discussed various hybrid cloud options for leveraging Microsoft Azure as part of a SQL Server deployment, including the following scenarios:
- Off-site cloud backups for databases and logs
- Disaster recovery of on-premises databases
- Production quality cloud-based Dev & Test environments
- Extending on-premises applications to the cloud
- Migration of existing applications to the cloud
- Cloud-designed business and SaaS applications
In this article, I've included a downloadable copy of our session deck along with a list of additional resources to help you continue your evaluation of these key scenarios.
SQL Server Options in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure
Download a copy of this deck for offline review.
To help you with next steps in evaluating SQL Server scenarios with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, I've included several technical resources below …
- Get started with Azure SQL Database
- Download: Azure SQL Database Migration Wizard
- Tutorial: Microsoft SQL Server Backup and Restore to Microsoft Azure (SQL 2014)
- Download: Microsoft SQL Server Backup to Microsoft Azure Tool
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery of SQL Server in Azure VMs
- Performance Best Practices for SQL Server on Azure VMs
- Whitepaper: Performance Guidance for SQL Server on Azure VMs
- Use SSDs in Azure VMs for TempDB and Buffer Pool Extensions
- Preview for greater SQL Server compatibility coming soon to Azure SQL Database