In part 9 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou are back and this episode they discuss in depth the ability for DevOps organizations to scale up or scale down cloud applications. Tune in as they discuss Azure’s unique flexibility in terms of capacity planning for cloud applications.
- [1:07] How is planning for application capacity different when using a cloud platform?
- [4:50] How is scaling application capacity different or better when using the cloud?
- [5:52] Are there application scenarios that are particularly well-suited for scaling in the cloud?
- [14:01] Is there a way to trigger scaling operations automatically for applications in the cloud?
- [15:20] DEMO: Could you show us the basics of how this all works in Azure?
- Scaling Up Cloud Applications
- How to Scale Out Cloud applications on a schedule
- Auto-Scaling Cloud Applications
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Keith Mayer’s Blog
- Yung Chou's Blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online
- (Part 5) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Testing in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online
- (Part 6) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Automating for Predictability
- (Part 7) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Configuration Management
- (Part 8) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud – Rollback Plan? What rollback plan?