In the past, I’ve highlighted some of the great free technical ebooks that are available from Microsoft Press, such as:
- FREE EBOOK: Introducing Windows Server 2012 R2
- FREE EBOOK: Microsoft System Center: Cloud Management with App Controller
To provide a comprehensive list of free Microsoft Press ebooks that are available for IT Pros and Developers, the Microsoft Virtual Academy team has recently launched a new ebooks page to highlight them all!
Topics covered include …
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Azure
- System Center 2012 R2 Private Cloud
- System Center 2012 R2 App Controller
- System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Enterprise Storage
- Programming Windows Store Apps
- .NET Application Development
You can find the full list of free ebooks with download links at:
New PowerShell Book, too!
In addition to free ebooks, this page also highlights some of the new ebooks that are available for purchase, such as Windows PowerShell Best Practices by Ed Wilson from our Hey, Scripting Guy! blog. This book provides a great round-up of best practices that you can borrow when building your own PowerShell scripts and tools.
As you’re reading Ed’s latest book, pay particular attention to page 76.
Next Step: Get Certified!
Once you’ve gotten started on a particular product or technology with one of these ebooks, take the next step and begin preparing for an official Microsoft certification. We’ve got some great resources to help you prepare:
- Become an Early Expert! Get Certified on Windows Server 2012
- Updated “R2” Exam Study Guide for Exam 70-410
- Updated “R2” Exam Study Guide for Exam 70-411
- Updated “R2” Exam Study Guide for Exam 70-412
- Exam Study Guide for MCSA Upgrade ( Exam 70-417 )
- Exam Study Guides for MCSE: Private Cloud ( Exams 70-246 and 70-247 )
- Exam Study Guide for MCS: System Center 2012 Configuration Manager ( Exam 70-243 )
Hope you enjoy!