Continuing the "Building a Hybrid Cloud" series, Keith Mayer and Jennelle Crothers walk us through managing cloud foundations with Windows Server 2012 R2. Tune in as they go in depth into what management tools are available as well as introduce the new features found in PowerShell 4.0.
- [1:33] Series Review
- [4:53] Review What’s New in Windows Server 2012 R2
- [5:10] Overview of Management Capabilities in 2012 R2
- [8:05] DEMO: Server Manager 20-12 R2
- [16:13] Using PowerShell to manage the Data Abstraction Layer (DAL)
- [19:08] DEMO: DAL PowerShell cmdlets for managing remote servers via BMC’s
- [24:04] Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- [27:50] DEMO: Walk-through DSC Configuration
- [36:58] Other PowerShell 4.0 Enhancements
TRY IT YOURSELF! “Managing Desired State Configuration with PowerShell 4.0”
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Keith Mayer's Blog
- Jennelle Crother’s Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- Article: "Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Solution for Enterprise IT"
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Windows Server 2012 R2 Storage Foundation
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Hyper-V Enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Networking Enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2