Today, Blogging Windows announced that the final release of Windows 8.1 will be available on October 18th!
Windows 8.1 will be available, beginning October 18th as a free update to customers running Windows 8 via the Windows Store. In addition, Windows 8.1 will also be available for retail purchase and on new devices starting on this same date.
Are you ready for Windows 8.1?
There's approximately 9-weeks between today and the world-wide launch of Windows 8.1. Below is a learning roadmap that you can complete over the next few weeks to help you get ready ...
INSTALL THE BITS!
- Download: Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview
- Download: System Center 2012 R2 Preview for deploying and managing Windows 8.1 clients
LEARN WHAT'S NEW!
- Watch: 28 Awesome Demos on Windows 8.1
- Watch: What’s New in Windows 8.1 for Enterprise IT Pros
- Read: Windows 8.1 FAQ for IT Pros
- Read: What’s Changed in Security for Windows 8.1?
- Read: What's New in Internet Explorer 11 Preview
- Read: Internet Explorer 11 FAQ for IT Pros
START YOUR PLANNING!
- Do: Enabling Work Folders with Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
See Virtual Lab System Requirements for detailed PC requirements for launching lab.
ARE YOU A DEVELOPER?
Will you be ready for October 18th?