Yung Chou and Keith Mayer and welcome Greg Shields from Concentrated Technology to the show as they discuss the differences between virtualization and cloud computing and how the two complement each other as well as how you can take the principles you learned from virtualization and apply them to the cloud. In part 1 of their series, Greg compares the old way of deploying services and shows us how to do it in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager.
- [2:57] What’s the difference between virtualization and cloud computing?
- [3:50] Why do I need cloud computing if I already do virtualization?
- [5:18] How do we take what we learned from virtualization and apply that to the cloud?
- [9:15] DEMO: Deploying services the old way vs. deploying it via Virtual Machine Manager
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
The Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests – starting with the Apprentice Quest below – and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 – Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 4) Configuring Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 5) Configuring Network Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 6) Configuring Compute Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 7) Creating & Delegating Private Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 8) Deploying & Managing Private Cloud Applications
- (Part 9) Updating the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 10) Protecting Your Private Cloud with Data Protection Manager
- (Part 11) Dynamic Optimization of the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 12) Building a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure using Windows Azure
- (Part 13) Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Network