UPDATE: New Resources Included for System Center 2012 SP1
As I was preparing for the new Microsoft Private Cloud Certification Exam 70-247, Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 over the past several weeks, I saved links to all my study resources that I leveraged to study and pass this exam. I’ve incorporated this list of resources into a step-by-step Exam Study Guide for anyone else who may be interested in targeting this exam.
MCSE: Private Cloud Certification Requirements
Exam 70-247 is one of the exams needed to complete the MCSE: Private Cloud certification track. The complete requirements for the MCSE Private Cloud track include:
- Achieve MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- If you were previously certified as an MCITP on Windows Server 2008, you may be closer than you realize to achieving this certification requirement! MCITP’s were grandfathered into the MCSA program automatically when the new MCSA program was introduced earlier this year. Check your MCP Transcript at http://www.microsoft.com/mcp to confirm.
- Successfully pass Exam 70-247 – Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 ( the exam targeted by this study guide )
- Successfully pass Exam 70-246 – Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
In addition to the Study Guide referenced in this article for Exam 70-247, the following study resources exist for the other exams in the MCSE: Private Cloud certification track:
- Study Guide for Exam 70-246 – Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
- Windows Server 2012 “Early Experts” Challenge – A FREE online peer IT Pro study group for preparing for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 exams.
About This Exam Study Guide
This exam guide presents the target exam objectives within each of the objective domains for Exam 70-247. It is presented in a checklist format to provide an easy method for exam candidates to quickly self-assess their general exam preparedness. It also provides specific study resources to help candidates address knowledge gap areas prior to attempting this exam. Note that this study guide is not intended as a replacement for formal training, but rather intended as a post-training resource to help you identify how you can best prepare for certification.
Get this Exam Study Guide for FREE ...
I'm making this Exam Study Guide available as a free resource ... just follow the steps below to get it sent to you!
- Download the Private Cloud + Windows Server 2012 Evaluation Kit ( You'll need this to build your Study Lab )
- Shortly after downloading your Evaluation Kit, you'll receive an email titled "Microsoft Private Cloud: Get Started!"
- Forward the email received in Step 2 above to EarlyExperts@Microsoft.com. You'll receive an email in response with your Exam Study Guide Attached!
Is this Exam Study Guide Useful to You?
These are the same study resources that I personally used when preparing for Exam 70-247 myself, so I’ve already taken time to proof and review each and every resource. Of course, you may have your own suggestions for improvements – feel free to post your comments below. I’d love to hear your feedback!
TIP: If you've found this Exam Study Guide useful, you may also want to check out my other Study Guides located here.