In this episode of our Build Your Private Cloud in a Month series, Yung Chou and I show how to protect Private Cloud workloads using System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager and also demo how to integrate DPM with VMM for seamless backup of VMs even if they’ve been Live Migrated to different virtualization hosts within your Private Cloud fabric.
Walkthrough: Protecting Private Clouds with System Center 2012 SP1 DPM
Download this video for offline viewing.
Specific topics in this session include:
- [ 01:49 ] What is Data Protection Manager?
- [ 06:40 ] How much faster can we backup Hyper-V hosts with DPM?
- [ 10:14 ] DEMO: How to Setup & Configure Data Protection Manager
- [ 20:12 ] DEMO: Process to backup a Private Cloud Workload
- [ 32:21 ] DEMO: Integration between Data Protection Manager and Virtual Machine Manager
After reviewing this video, get prepared to explore the Private Cloud management capabilities of System Center 2012 for yourself in this series with these downloadable resources:
- Download System Center 2012 with Service Pack 1
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Get Started with the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster – Part 1 of 2
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster – Part 2 of 2
- Activate Your Windows Azure 90-Day Free Subscription
Let’s Start Building Our Cloud!
Get started building your Hybrid Cloud solution in our Build Your Private Cloud in a Month article series and “Early Experts” Cloud Quest!
- READ: Build Your Private Cloud in a Month – Article Series
- DO IT: Build Your Cloud in the “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
Are You in The Clouds With Me?
What are your thoughts around Private Cloud? Feel free to share your comments and thoughts below!