So far in our Build Your Private Cloud in a Month series, we’ve prepared a scalable, resilient foundation and created our storage, network and compute fabric in System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager. Now …. we're ready to build some Private Clouds!
In System Center 2012 SP1, we can build "Private Clouds” as pools of delegated resources that abstract our underlying physical fabric. We can create multiple Private Clouds for varying application or business unit needs, and present each Private Cloud with a defined capacity that we can later grow, shrink or customize as needed. In this manner, Private Clouds provide us with a ton of flexibility for mapping our datacenter capacity to changing business requirements while not exposing the full fabric capacity details to application owners.
In this video walkthrough, Yung Chou and I show how to create Private Clouds using System Center 2012 SP1 VMM, and then we step through scenarios for delegating and using them to support application workloads.
Walkthrough: Creating Private Clouds with System Center 2012 SP1 VMM
Download this video for offline viewing.
Specific topics in this session include:
- [ 01:24 ] Recap: Building a Private Cloud
- [ 03:00 ] How to Create & Delegate Private Clouds in VMM
- [ 09:45 ] DEMO: How to Create Private Clouds: Assign Host Groups | Logical Networks | Load Balance | Storage | Capacity
- [ 21:52 ] DEMO: How to Assign Access to Your Private Cloud: Create New Roles | Scope | VM Networks | Resources
- [ 35:36 ] DEMO: How to Login as a Delegated User and Use Private Clouds
After reviewing this video, get prepared to explore the Private Cloud management capabilities of System Center 2012 for yourself in this series with these downloadable resources:
- Download System Center 2012 with Service Pack 1
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Get Started with the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 1 of 2
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 2 of 2
- Activate Your Windows Azure 90-Day Free Subscription
Let’s Start Building Our Cloud!
Get started building your Hybrid Cloud solution in our “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
- READ: Build Your Private Cloud in a Month - Article Series
- DO IT: Build Your Cloud in the “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
Are You in The Clouds With Me?
What are your thoughts around Private Cloud? Feel free to share your comments and thoughts below!