Yung Chou and I are back for another episode in our multi-part series on how to Build Your Private Cloud using System Center 2012 SP1. Tune in today as we discuss reference architectures for scale-up and scale-out Private Cloud infrastructure designs that leverage the new Scalability, Storage Spaces, Network Teaming, VLANs, Continuously Available Scale-out Clusters and Hyper-V Virtualization capabilities present in Windows Server 2012 and our FREE Hyper-V Server 2012 enterprise-grade bare-metal hypervisor.
Build Your Private Cloud Foundation
Download this video for offline viewing
Specific topics covered in this episode include:
- [02:34] What are some of the benefits of Scale-Up and Scale-Out with Windows Server 2012?
- [06:39] Can you describe a Scale-Up Scenario for us?
- [11:31] DEMO: Scale-Up Scenario
- [20:52] DEMO: How to Configure Network Teaming
- [29:09] DEMO: Failover Clustering & Cluster Aware Updating
- [35:04] What is an example of a Scale-Out scenario?
- [38:25] DEMO: Scale-Out Scenario
After reviewing this video, get prepared to explore the Private Cloud management capabilities of System Center 2012 for yourself in this series with these downloadable resources:
- Download System Center 2012 with Service Pack 1
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Get Started with the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 1 of 2
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 2 of 2
- Activate Your Windows Azure 90-Day Free Subscription
Let’s Start Building Our Cloud!
Get started building your Hybrid Cloud solution in our “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
- READ: Build Your Private Cloud in a Month - Article Series
- DO IT: Build Your Cloud in the “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
Are You in The Clouds With Me?
What are your thoughts around Private Cloud? Feel free to share your comments and thoughts below!