Today, Yung Chou and I are kicking off our multi-part series on how to build a Private Cloud using System Center 2012 SP1. Tune in as we discuss the difference between a Private Cloud and a Highly Virtualized Environment, how System Center 2012 components map to Private Cloud requirements, and how the SP1 release allows for even greater improvements to managing your datacenters and applications.
What is a Private Cloud?
Download this video for offline viewing
Specific topics covered in this episode include:
- [01:43] What are the differences between a Private Cloud and a Highly Virtualized Environment?
- [10:04] How do System Center 2012 components map to Private Cloud requirements?
- [13:05] What's New in System Center 2012 Service Pack 1?
- [21:13] How about Networking enhancements?
- [40:07] Tell us about the protection improvements made for Hyper-V when using CSVs, Remote SMB, Live Migration and Windows Azure Online Backup
After reviewing this video, get prepared to explore the Private Cloud management capabilities of System Center 2012 for yourself in this series with these downloadable resources:
- Download System Center 2012 with Service Pack 1
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Get Started with the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012
- Activate Your Windows Azure 90-Day Free Subscription
Let’s Start Building Our Cloud!
Get started building your Hybrid Cloud solution in our “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
- READ: Build Your Private Cloud in a Month - Article Series
- DO IT: Build Your Cloud in the “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
Are You in The Clouds With Me?
What are your thoughts around Private Cloud? Feel free to share your comments and thoughts below!