NEW HOURS! Based on popular demand, we’ve updated the hours for “Early Experts” Virtual Study Hall assistance – Fridays each week from 11AM to 1PM Eastern Time.
– – – – – – – – – –
There’s so many cool features to explore in the latest Windows infrastructure offerings that it’s hard to find time to explore all of them. Beginning February 8th through June 2013, you can block time on Fridays on a weekly basis between 11AM and 1PM Eastern Time to join a Virtual Study Hall and work through real-world hands-on activities with live Q&A assistance from a field-experienced IT Pro Technical Evangelist!
What is a Virtual Study Hall?
A Virtual Study Hall is an “open lab” time where you can study and work virtually on any of the hands-on exercises in the “Early Experts” Hands-on Labs or Step-by-Step Guides. Instead of a structured presentation, you pick the topics that you want to work on with live assistance from us!
- Live Assistance! During the Virtual Study Hall, an IT Pro Technical Evangelist will be online to help you with questions that you may have on the lab topic areas.
- Collaborate! Much like High School Study Hall, you’ll be able to swap notes and collaborate with other IT Pros in the Virtual Study Hall to share tips … this time without risk of getting sent to the Principal’s office!
Work At Your Own Pace!
Virtual Study Halls provide you with the ability to block-out time on a weekly basis so that you can focus on progressing in your learning goals and prepare for the latest Microsoft certifications, such as MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and MCSE: Private Cloud … All at your own pace!
You can join all or just some of each Virtual Study Hall session – based on your schedule and availability!
What Can I Expect?
In a Virtual Study Hall, you’ll be able to work on a self-paced basis through real-life hands-on activities. Each week, you can pick just the topics in which you have interest. When you have questions, you’ll be able to submit live Q&A requests for assistance.
The list of study and lab topics is always growing, but includes scenarios such as:
- Windows 8
- Build a Windows 8 Application Development Environment in the Cloud
- Side-loading Windows 8 Apps
- Controlling Access in Windows 8 via AppLocker
- Windows Server 2012
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Server Core and Minimal Server Interface
- Working with SAN-like Storage Spaces
- Configuring NIC Teaming
- Simplified Installation of Active Directory Domain Services
- Create and Manage Active Directory Group Policy
- Manage Server Roles and Features with Server Manager
- Manage Windows Server 2012 with PowerShell 3.0
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Deploy and Configure DHCP and DNS
- Configure Hyper-V Virtual Machines, Storage and Networks
- Windows Azure
- Build Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks in the Cloud with Windows Azure
- Build Linux VMs in the Cloud with Windows Azure
- Connecting PaaS and IaaS Application Workloads in the Cloud
- System Center 2012
- Installing System Center 2012 SP1 Configuration Manager
- Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
- SharePoint 2013
- Build a SharePoint 2013 Lab in the Cloud
- SQL Server 2012
- Build a SQL 2012 VM in the Cloud
How Do I Join a Virtual Study Hall?
Here’s the steps for joining us at the next “Early Experts” Virtual Study Hall:
- BLOCK IT: Open and Save this appointment to your calendar to block out your study hall time as a reminder.
- CONNECT: Join the “Early Experts” Virtual Study Hall on Fridays, between 11AM and 1PM Eastern Time.
- SHARE IT: Spread the news about this FREE Virtual Study Hall with your colleagues and social networks by using the sharing buttons below!
See you there!