Happy Halloween! Does your datacenter go bump in the night? Are you haunted by the thought of managing thousands of processes that could be automated?
In Today's TechNet Radio Show, my good friends and colleagues, Blain Barton, Matt Hester and Ed Wilson, walk us through their Top 10 Favorite Features in PowerShell 3.0 for ridding yourself of the GUI demons that consume all of your admin time.
Top 10 Reasons to NOT Fear PowerShell 3.0
Tune in to learn about these exciting Top 10 features in PowerShell 3.0 ...
- PowerShell 3.0 is pervasive - It's EVERYWHERE! In Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, and even available for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 by downloading WMF 3.0 for FREE!
- Update-Help - New Cmdlet provides updateable help! Never been scared again with outdated help text!
- Remote Server Admin Toolkit (RSAT) - to extend PowerShell 3.0 automatically with new modules. Conquer all of your IT ghouls from the comfort of your Admin PC!
- PowerShell Remoting - It JUST WORKS in Windows Server 2012 - Powerful spells for automating multi-server admin chores!
- Full Intellisense - built-in to PowerShell 3.0 ISE Editor to navigate the PowerShell corn maze when scripting!
- Command Add-on Pane - GUI dialog panel for completing PowerShell command lines help you quickly create enchanted scripts!
- PowerShell Snippets - Press Ctrl-J to summon snippets of PowerShell code for battling common IT ghoulies!
- CIM Cmdlets and Sessions - Much easier to leverage WMI via WinRM without disturbing the firewall gods!
- PowerShell in the Cloud - Windows Azure Virtual Machine automation for managing your stormiest issues in the clouds!
- Over 2,400 Cmdlets - Over 10x Increase in Windows Server 2012! More powerful than ever before to summon for your scripts!
Next Steps ...
Step #1 – Download Windows Server 2012
Step #3 - Launch the PowerShell 3.0 Crash Course
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Download Microsoft Private Cloud Evaluation Software
- Get the Book! PowerShell 3.0 Step-by-Step
Websites & Blogs ...
- Blain Barton’s Blog
- Matt Hester’s Blog
- The Script Center
- Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog
- Learn Windows PowerShell
Other PowerShell Episodes ...
- TechNet Radio: IT Time - The Scripting Guy’s Top 5 PowerShell 3.0 Tips and Tricks
- TechNet Radio: IT Time - PowerShell 3.0 Step-by-Step with the Scripting Guy
- TechNet Radio: IT Time – Get Your Script on! Check out PowerShell Saturdays
Like TechNet Radio? Follow us online!
Download this Episode ...
- MP3 (Audio only)
- MP4 (iPod, Zune HD)
- High Quality MP4 (iPad, PC)
- Mid Quality MP4 (WP7, HTML5)
- High Quality WMV (PC, Xbox, MCE)
Hope you enjoy!