This study guide is provided as part of the Windows Server 2012 “Early Experts” Challenge and steps through the resources that I personally used when preparing for the following exam objectives on Exam 70-410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012:
- Configure Server Roles and Features
- Configure servers for remote management
- Configure file and share access
- Configure print and document services
Watch: Using Server Manager for Remote and Multi-Server Management
Study: Managing Multiple Remote Servers with Server Manager
Review these targeted study materials for each exam objective and task to evaluate your exam preparedness and learn the skills needed in this area of the exam.
- Configure Remote Management in Server Manager
- Configure Remote Management on Server Core
- Managing Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2 from Windows Server 2012 Server Manager
- Add Servers to Server Manager
- Create and Manage Server Groups
- View and Configure Performance, Event, and Service Data
- Filter, Sort, and Query Data in Server Manager Tiles
- Run Best Practices Analyzer Scans and Manage Scan Results
- Install or Uninstall Roles, Role Services or Features
Do It: Managing Multiple Servers with Server Manager and PowerShell 3.0
Complete this hands-on lab to gain additional experience with managing multiple servers with the new Server Manager tool and PowerShell 3.0
Study and Do: Configure File and Share Access
Complete these study materials and hands-on steps to gain experience with configuring shared folders and permissions in Windows Server 2012.
- NTFS Shared Folders in Windows Server 2012
- Improve File Server Resiliency with ReFS in Windows Server 2012
Additional Reading: File and Share Access
Review these additional reading materials to understand Volume Shadow Copy Service ( VSS ) and NTFS Disk Quotas.
Study and Do: Configure Print and Document Services
Complete these study materials and hands-on steps to gain experience with configuring print and document services in Windows Server 2012.
Additional Reading: Print and Document Services
Review these additional reading materials to gain more background with installing, configuring and migrating Print and Document Services.
- Print and Document Services Overview
- Install Print and Document Services
- Configure Print and Document Services
- Branch Office Direct Printing Overview
- Migrate Print and Document Services to Windows Server 2012
- Install and Configure High Availability Printing
After you’ve completing this study guide, complete the other study guides in the Windows Server 2012 “Early Experts” Explorer Quest to receive your personalized “Early Experts – Explorer” completion certification, suitable for framing and sharing online!
Do you like this Study Guide? Tell Your Friends!
Please feel free to share this study guide online using the sharing buttons below. Leave comments / feedback on what you’ve found valuable and any suggestions for improvements.