In today's TechNet Radio show, Wally Mead, Senior Program Manager from the System Center Client Management team and all-around ConfigMgr Guru, joins me to discuss the recently announced features found in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1.
What's New in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Tune in as we discuss an overview of the TOP EIGHT new features that Wally is most excited about in SP1 including:
- System Center Hierarchy Expansion - Convert standalone Primary Sites to CAS Hierarchies
- Windows 8 Client and Windows Server 2012 OS - Deploy and manage Windows 8 clients and deploy ConfigMgr site system roles on Windows Server 2012
- Deploying Windows 8-style applications - Deploy enterprise Windows 8-style apps as well as integration with the Windows Store
- Integration with App-V 4.6 SP2 and App-V 5.0 - Supports App-V on Windows 8 clients as well as application connection groups in App-V 5.0
- Support for Macintosh clients - Supports Mac OSX 10.6 and 10.7 clients for discovery, inventory, application deployment, settings management
- Support for Linux and Unix Clients - via separately downloaded client agent
- Improved EndPoint Protection - enhanced cross-platform support for Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix clients
- Mobility management enhancements - Integrating with Windows Intune for broad mobile device support
In future TechNet Radio episodes, Wally will return to discuss these features individually in detail.
Next Steps ...
After watching this video, follow these next steps:
- Step #1 – Download System Center 2012 Service Pack 1
- Step #2 – Download Windows Server 2012
- Step #3 – Download Your FREE Copy of Hyper-V Server 2012
Want to Learn More?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Like TechNet Radio? Follow Us!
- Follow @TechNetRadio on Twitter
- Become a Fan @ facebook.com/MicrosoftTechNetRadio
- Subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, Zune, Stitcher or RSS
Download Today's TechNetRadio Show
- MP3 (Audio only)
- MP4 (iPod, Zune HD)
- Mid Quality WMV (Lo-band, Mobile)
- High Quality MP4 (iPad, PC)
- Mid Quality MP4 (WP7, HTML5)
- High Quality WMV (PC, Xbox, MCE)
Which new features are YOU most excited about?
Which new features in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 are you most excited by? Be sure to share your feedback in the comments below!
Hope you enjoy!