Want to get certified on Windows Server 2012? Join the "Early Experts" Peer Study Group! #itpro #winserver2012

The new Microsoft certification exams for MCSA on Windows Server 2012 will be released over the upcoming weeks and to help you prepare early for certification on Windows Server 2012, we’re launching a new “Early Experts” peer study group that is available online for FREE.  By joining and participating in this study group, you’ll gain access to a monthly set of structured step-by-step study materials that align with the exam objectives for each of the new certification exams for Windows Server 2012.  Each month, we’ll be targeting a specific exam and a specific set of exam objectives as our study targets.  Each monthly study guide will be organized into an online “Knowledge Quest” that ends with you receiving a special Early Experts completion certificate!

Getting Started …

This month (August through mid-September) we’ll be targeting a review of the overall exam objectives for Exam 70-410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 as well as a technical overview of the new capabilities in Windows Server 2012 to build context for our remaining study process.

Join the “Early Experts” Peer Study Group …

Learn more about this new peer study group and join us at http://earlyexperts.net

Let us know what you think!

Are study groups like this valuable to you?  We’d love to hear your feedback and any constructive input for improving this resource.  Feel free to leave your comments below!

HTH,

Keith

1. KeithMayer says:

Thanks for your feedback, Rohan!

Yes – the free eBook on "Introducing Windows Server 2012" is also a great resource!  If anyone needs a copy, it's available at http://aka.ms/ebws12.

Best regards,

Keith

2. KeithMayer says:

Hi Kjell,

The Windows Server 2012 First Look course has recently been replaced by a new Technical Overview course.  I've updated the Early Experts home page to reference this new replacement course.  You should be able to launch the course from http://earlyexperts.net, but please let me know if there's any other questions I can assist with.

Best regards,

Keith

3. Robert Kruk says:

this is great, i'm in!

4. KeithMayer says:

Thanks for your feedback James!  I really appreciate your assistance in sharing news about the "Early Experts" study group.

Best regards,

Keith

Hi Keith,

This study group is an excellent idea, and it's very generous of you to facilitate it. Thank you.

I made a short post about your study group (including links to your blog and course) over at Microsoft's Training & Certification forum, and so far it has received 564 views.

social.microsoft.com/…/802cd91f-0da8-4367-bc54-8ebfcb97bba0

Hopefully that's 564 more people eager to join your group. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

James

6. Rohan Soman says:

Keith,

Thanks for the above information.

I am also referring to the E-book which was released IntroWin2012

7. Dale says:

This idea has a lot of merit and I will try to rearrange my schedule so to take advantage.  It is much richer experience to study with others so to glean insights and to overcome obstacle quickly so to stay on track.

8. Kjell says:

Hi Keith,

The idea of studying at your own pace suits me perfect. Also labs are very  important, somthing that often is missed in web based courses. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to follow this one – I get 'Unfortunately this course is not available in your locale' when I try the 'Windows Server 2012 Overview' at Microsoftvirtualacademy. It also says (in the academy) that the course is being replaced by another one, to which I *have* access.

Regards,