We’ve announced the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) of Windows 8 today, August 1st 2012! If you’re looking for details, first please read this post on the Building Windows 8 Blog. As we work towards general availability of Windows 8 on October 26th, I’ve included a series of specific dates on availability of the RTM that may be helpful to you below:
- Today onwards: If you buy an eligible Windows 7 PC today, you will be able to pre-purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 (U.S.) through the Windows Upgrade Offer.
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
- October 26th: People will be able get Windows 8 starting on October 26th either by upgrading for $39.99 or on a new PC or device.
Want to try Windows 8 today for a test-run? The Windows 8 Release Preview is still available for free download for testing and evaluation here: https://aka.ms/DLW8RP .