Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Preview brings a new rich set of technologies, features, and services to the Exchange Server product line. Its goal is to support people and organizations as their work habits evolve from a communication focus to a collaboration focus. At the same time, Exchange Server 2013 Preview helps lower the total cost of ownership whether you deploy Exchange 2013 Preview on-premises or provision your mailboxes in the cloud. New features and functionality in Exchange 2013 Preview are designed to do the following:
- Support a multigenerational workforce Social integration and making it easier to find people is important to users. Smart Search learns from users’ communication and collaboration behavior to enhance and prioritize search results in Exchange. Also, with Exchange 2013 Preview, users can merge contacts from multiple sources to provide a single view of a person, by linking contact information pulled from multiple locations.
- Provide an engaging experience Microsoft Outlook 2013 Preview and Microsoft Office Outlook Web App have a fresh new look. Outlook Web App emphasizes a streamlined user interface that also supports the use of touch, enhancing the mobile device experience with Exchange.
- Integrate with SharePoint and Lync Exchange 2013 Preview offers greater integration with Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Preview and Microsoft Lync 2013 Preview through site mailboxes and In-Place eDiscovery.
- Help meet evolving compliance needs Compliance and eDiscovery are challenging for many organizations. Exchange 2013 Preview helps you to find and search data not only in Exchange, but across your organization. With improved search and indexing, you can search across Exchange 2013 Preview, Lync 2013 Preview, SharePoint 2013 Preview, and Windows file servers.
- Provide a resilient solution Exchange 2013 Preview builds upon the Exchange Server 2010 architecture and has been redesigned for simplicity of scale, hardware utilization, and failure isolation.
Downloadable Technical Documentation on Exchange 2013 Preview
To help you get started with getting familiar with all the new features in Exchange 2013, the online technical documentation set is now downloadable in a convenient compiled help format that you can take with you to learn from anywhere!
Specific technical topics of What’s New in Exchange 2013 Preview
Below are links to specific information on the new technical features in the Exchange Server 2013 Preview:
- Exchange Administration Center
- Exchange 2013 architecture
- Messaging policy and compliance
- Transport rules
- Mail flow
- Sharing and collaboration
- Integration with SharePoint and Lync
- Clients and mobile devices
- Unified Messaging
- Batch moves
- High availability and site resilience
- Hybrid scenarios with Office 365
Ready to Try Exchange Server 2013 in your Lab?
- Download the Exchange Server 2013 Preview installation bits
- Download the Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate installation bits (Exchange Server 2013 runs on Windows Server 2012, so you may as well test both at the same time!)
- Review the System Requirements
- Prepare your lab Active Directory environment
- Install Exchange Server 2013 Preview in your Lab
- Configure Exchange Server 2013 Preview in your Lab
Ready for more?
Attend the Microsoft Exchange Conference (MEC) on Sept 24-26th in Orlando to deepen your knowledge on the new features of Exchange Server 2013 Preview and speak directly with the product team engineers!