DCA 2.0 RC provides the following functionality:
- Provides DirectAccess users with connectivity information. Users can view their DirectAccess connectivity status at all times.
- Provides diagnostics and troubleshooting features. DCA 2.0 RC provides tools to help users reconnect if problems arise, and create diagnostics to provide IT administrators with troubleshooting information.
- Supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users required to authenticate using OTP.
Note: DCA 2.0 RC can be installed on Windows 7 computers that connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess running on a Windows Server 2012 RC computer. It can be installed on Windows 7 computers that do not have DCA installed, or on computers running DCA 1.0 or DCA 1.5. DCA 2.0 RC should not be installed on computers running Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It should also not be installed on Windows 7 computers that connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 computer or on a Forefront UAG server.
The download includes the following components:
- A zip file (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC.zip) containing a collection of all the files in this download.
- GPO templates (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_GP.adml; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_GP.admx) for configuring DCA settings on client computers.
- Installation files (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_x64.msi; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_x86.msi) required to install the application on 64-bit or 32-bit client computers.
- An administrators guide (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_AdminGuide.docx) that describes how to configure the GPO templates, and install the application.
- A user guide (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_UserGuide.docx) that can be distributed to client computers running DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0 RC.