The System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Monitoring Management Packs enable discovering, monitoring, and managing UNIX-based and Linux-based computers by using the same interface and tools that you use to manage your Windows-based computers. They provide both proactive and reactive monitoring of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
The management packs monitor components such as processes, resources, and server agents. The monitoring provided by the management packs includes availability and configuration monitoring, performance data collection, and default thresholds. You can integrate the monitoring of UNIX and Linux components into your service-oriented monitoring scenarios.
In addition to health monitoring capabilities, the management packs include reports, diagnostics, tasks, and views that enable near real-time diagnosis and resolution of detected issues. The management packs also enable the installation of the Cross Platform Audit Collection Services Management Packs.
- Provides monitoring of the AIX 5.3 and 6.1 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of the HP-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC, HP-UX 11iv2 IA64, HP-UX 11iv3 PA-RISC, and HP-UX 11iv3 IA64 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 (x64), Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 (x64) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 (x64) operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of Solaris 8, Solaris 9, and Solaris 10 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 operating systems.
- Enables the installation of the Cross Platform Audit Collection Services Management Packs.
See the full revision history and get the bits @ http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=18891.