Wired is still in – My next mouse

My peers always look at me funny when I whip out my wired mouse from my backpack.  Then again I always laugh when they try to get Bluetooth working with Windows Server.  Well, they won’t be looking at me funny in a few weeks when I whip one of these bad boyz out!

Introducing the Sidewinder X3.

And for the record, my favorite mouse of all time is still the Wireless Laser Mouse 8000.

1. Robin Brandl says:

You need to move to a BlueTrack Mouse

My wife got me this for Christmas http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=002

and I LOVE it. Works so well on any surface.

But I think I want http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=103

Also not Bluetooth but works with Server

2. jeroen says:

Have you tried the Logitech MX Revolution yet? It lives up to it’s name, it is a revolutionary mouse. I wouldn’t want to change it for anything else. It’s the only mouse that has survived for more than a year overhere, and that says something!

(Normally mice are dead in about 6-9 months and keyboards at about a year, since I use them a LOT. My current keyboard is about 8 months old, and most of the letters on the keys have faded away… )

3. Damien Guard says:

Hmm. I’m still hooked on my Logitech G5 which is also wired, 2000 dpi and on-the-fly resolution switching but looks more comfortable…

4. tinman says:

Razer Lachesis is the mouse for me, 4000DPI.

New one is out, Razer Mamba, at 5600… want.

5. Robin Brandl says:

I Was a G5 guy and then the MX Revolution but the BlueTrack beats them all IMHO. The fact that I don’t need a mousepad on any surface except glass is awesome!

6. FALCO says:

It has detent scrolling which I despise, and is about the only reason I’m still using an Intellimouse Explorer 4.0. Microsoft needs to offer up a mouse that offers detent and smooth scrolling or separate version for the wheel.