MDT 2010 is the next version of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, a solution accelerator for operating system and application deployment. New features like flexible driver management, optimized transaction processing, and access to distribution shares from any location simplify deployment and make your job easier. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is the fourth generation deployment accelerator from Microsoft. It is the recommended process and toolset to automate desktop and server deployment.
MDT benefits you by providing:
- Detailed guidance and job aids for every organized role involved with large-scale deployment projects.
- Unified tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment in a common deployment console and collection of guidance.
- Reduced deployment time, standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
Additional infrastructure deployment tools are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. See below for instructions on how to access the Connect Web site.
Or follow these steps:
- Visit the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Beta at http://connect.microsoft.com.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
- Scroll down to Microsoft Deployment Connection.
If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before continuing with the invitation process.
Check out other Solution Accelerators! Visit the Solution Accelerators page on TechNet, http://www.microsoft.com/solutionaccelerators, for additional information. We appreciate your comments and feedback, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The MDT Team.