I know where you can get Windows 7 Beta 1 DVD’s… shhhhh

Remember that post I did a couple of days ago about the Microsoft Developer Conference (MDC)?  You might want to consider going more seriously now.  See http://blogs.technet.com/keithcombs/archive/2008/11/24/did-you-miss-the-pdc-this-year-here-s-another-chance.aspx for the details around the conference.

Looks like Bob Familiar at http://blogs.msdn.com/bobfamiliar/archive/2008/12/02/windows-7-beta-1-for-mdc-attendees.aspx broke the news first.  According to him, each attendee will receive a copy.  Sounds good to me.

[UPDATE] The MDC website has been updated so you now have another official source of information around this topic.  See http://www.msdndevcon.com/pages/about.aspx#giveaways for some additional information on Windows 7 Beta 1 DVD’s.  It’s coming folks.

1. Robert McLaws says:

Will it actually be in the materials? Or will it be mailed out later?

Robert McLaws

2. Keith Combs says:

My understanding is that the DVD will not be ready for the first few show dates but will be mailed to each attendee.

So I would imagine the folks attending the Houston, Orlando and Atlanta shows this month will receive their DVD’s around mid January as well.  That’s an assumption on my part.  Could be earlier or later, but they will get them.  Make sure you Microsoft profile has the correct address.  Might come in handy for this event.  :?)

3. Ross'RosCo'Chronister says:

Dang, Keith, looks like you are in the Bigs now. Don’t forget us little geeks. 🙂

4. dovella says:

Hi Mr. Keith

I did not understand it if the beta is available in December or January

5. Jason says:

I sure hope that it is available to Technet Plus subscribers.

6. mike says:

Where’s the love for the IT pro folks???  We’re the ones that fix the Developers pcs when their apps "break it"!

7. Chris Haaker says:

Keith – do you know if this is the true beta 1 or the same pre-beta build that was given out at the PDC?

8. Keith Combs says:

My understanding is that it will be the Beta 1 milestone build.  So it will not be the build from the PDC.

9. The beta will become available to the public somewhere in january/february 2009….at least they told us at TechED EMEA in Barcelona.

10. Joseph A. Paige says:

I would like to test this version.