The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) makes it easy for you to perform assessments for the following key scenarios:
- Identify computers capable of running Windows Vista.
- Identify servers capable of running Windows Server 2008.
- Identify computers that can be upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007 and report currently installed Microsoft Office products.
- Capture performance data for servers and workstations.
- Create recommendations for server consolidation using Hyper-V or Virtual Server 2005 R2.
- Report on the hardware and software installed in your organization.
- Perform inventory and assessments of large networks.
- Report on Desktop security settings such as Windows Firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware
Want to learn more? Head on over to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb977556(TechNet.10).aspx. Or if you would like to hear from the Product Managers, watch the following 16 minute video.