Windows Vista SP1 Enterprise x86 Full DVD (integrated) now available

vista_wallpaper The Windows Vista SP1 image rollout continues and at this point TechNet Direct subscribers can download the Enterprise x86 DVD image.  I’m sure the x64 image will arrive in the next day or so.  Keep your downloader warmed up.

For those of you with subscriptions, you know there are VL MAK keys available so you can begin some serious testing with the 32 bit platform.

Enterprise has nearly all of the feature set you would ever want, but it lacks the Media Center shell and a couple of other features found in Ultimate.

See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/default.mspx for more information on the different versions of Windows Vista.

Enjoy!

[UPDATE] The x64 .ISO file is now posted.  Subscribers, go get it!

1. Ross'RosCo'Chronister says:

FWIW, I thought I would share that I have had oodles of problems trying to burn images the last few days. Turns out that my old burner did much better at a lower speed. The kicker was that a succesful burn was completed every time but problems only surfaced while trying to install Server 2008 x64 or Vista x64. This drove me batty until I noticed on the blogs that a lot of data is being compressed on these images and a newer burner or a slower speed will correct the problem. I am now thinking of grabbing a good SATA burner since I now have an excuse to upgrade.

2. Keith Combs says:

Interesting.  What drive and media are you using?  At what speed were you seeing errors?

3. ryan says:

I’m very, very anxious to download it, but unfortunately I cannot get access to MSDN–it keeps reporting that an error has occurred.  This seems to have started with the Live login issues.  Anyone else having trouble getting into MSDN?

4. Keith Combs says:

The MSDN/TechNet benefit support desk has an open ticket on this.  I am checking on a status. I cannot login, either.

5. Ross'RosCo'Chronister says:

K Hypermedia 8xDVD+RW, Maxell 16x media on AMD 64 x2 6000+, 4 gig RAM, Vista Ultimate x86

6. Keith Combs says:

Yea, I had similar issues with my external Sony DRX-710UL until I upgraded it’s firmware to better support high speed DVD media.  Something to consider before a purchase.

By the way, the Sony drive has worked nearly flawlessly for the few years I’ve had it.  I’ll probably replace it with another Sony external drive.  I would imagine given the way the market is moving, Blu-ray will be a consideration.

7. Ross'RosCo'Chronister says:

Funny you should mention a firmware update as I had just installed a Light Scribe burner on my test machine and it struck me that I had never looked for an update on the old machine. But at this point, I have never had any trouble burning anything until the bigger compressed images came along. Like you say, it is a good time to go Blue Ray.

8. John says:

good,thank you

9. jim says:

Excuse me Sir, where is the news ?

I mean, are already available the ultimate

(better) edition 64 and 32 bit in the iso you talk in the post "I Spy the Windows Vista SP1 x64 Full DVD (integrated)".

Or there are some difference ?

10. Keith Combs says:

The Enterprise DVD .iso only contains Windows Vista Enterprise.

Since the versions of Windows PE and Setup are different on the x64 and x86 platforms, we create a different DVD, and therefore .iso image, of each architecture.

Does that answer your question Jim?

11. Finny76 says:

So is the Download now working?

Anyone confirm this?

12. Keith Combs says:

Are you unable to login and download the .ISO from the subscriber download area?

It appears to have been fixed early to mid week last week.

13. Richard says:

Is it possible to get say a enterpise SP1 x64 copy of Vista and use a Home Premium OEM key on it? Or is each of the images tailored for a specfic version of Vista?

14. Keith Combs says:

Richard,

Enterprise is a volume license version of the product and only a VL key will work to install it.  The remaining products are all in the same DVD image and the key determines which SKU to install.