Which is more important, WinXP SP3 or Vista SP1 ?

Sound off at http://edge.technet.com/Forums/Perimeter/350-Which-is-more-important-to-you-WinXP-SP3-or-Vista-SP1/.

Let us know what you think!!!

1. Grizz says:

Vista SP1 – Since teaching Vista Courses my blue screens have increased as I add more software to my Vista Laptop Dell Latitue 820D. It would be nice if I could at least make it a couple of hours without a Vista blue screen.  XP is rock solid so what do I care about XP SP3? They need to get Vista right. It should not be so sensitive that you can only run apps that have been supertested against Vista. I should not have to teach a Vista Class on XP machine with Vista runing in VPC’s, should I?

Frustrated Vista Trainer!

2. Keith Combs says:

It would be simply wrong to judge Windows Vista while running it on a Dell Latitude D820.

How do I know?  I own one.

3. Tazio says:

Keith I don’t understand your response?  Why is it wrong to judge running vista on a D820?  From the time of public launch of Vista up until May 2007) the D820 was a either #1 or one of the highest  rated business laptops.

4. Keith Combs says:

Ok, let me re-phrase.  The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M video chipset does a really poor job and the history of driver support for it isn’t good.  Using Windows Vista on one since mid 2006 was a struggle.  That just soured my opinion of the machine and Dell.

5. nico says:

Unfortunately that’s exactly the point: Nvidia graphic chipsets are present on half of the computers on earth and the drivers are just not fine on Vista yet, so the experience is bad and then that should be a priority for Microsoft as well……

6. Keith Combs says:

Nico, I don’t think the NVS 120M chipset is powerful enough for Windows Vista.