As you might guess, we’re doing a lot of air, land and sea cover on Windows Vista right now. But what’s next? Here’s a hint…
Windows “Longhorn” Server, that’s what!!! With that in mind, what do you want to see in Q4FY07 ??? Q4 is April, May and June 2007. For our live seminars, I’m planning on pulling some demos from the following TechNet sessions:
- Windows Server “Longhorn” Technical Overview Part 1
- Windows Server “Longhorn” Technical Overview Part 2
- Windows Server “Longhorn” Network Access Protection (NAP) Technical Overview
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server “Longhorn” Technical Overview
- Next Generation Networking with Windows Vista and Windows Server “Longhorn
- Server Core: Running a Minimal Windows Server “Longhorn”
- Windows PowerShell and Manageability Improvements in Windows Server “Longhorn”
As you can see, we’re planning on looking at the new server, it’s role as a directory service, network policies and protection, IPv6, some scripting stuff and maybe some headless operation. This is really just the first wave in a long list of Longhorn Server stuff we’ll be doing.
If you have something specific you want to see in Q4, speak up. We are getting ready to lock and load. After that, you’ll need to wait until Q1FY08 which will start in August.