Ok, put down the Xbox360 controller and head on over to http://www.vistatestdrive.com/. When you go there, you’ll need to install the Virtual Server 2005 Virtual Machine Remote Control (VMRC) client ActiveX control but it only takes a few seonds.
READ the fine print:
- The test drive experience is currently available only to web visitors from the United States and Canada.
- The test drive is intended for evaluation purposes only.
- The test drive requires Internet Explorer 6 or later, a browser plug-in, and a broadband Internet connection. A minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution is recommended.
- There is no product support for the test drive. You are welcome to participate in a Microsoft Windows Vista newsgroup to share your trial experiences with others and ask for advice. Find a Windows Vista Newsgroup.
- The Windows Vista version hosted in the test drive contains most of the functionality of the regular versions, but browsing the internet is not enabled.
- You may notice a slight delay or pause as you experience the product. This is due to the fact that this is a hosted trial and is dependent upon your bandwidth, local machine resources, etc. This does not necessarily represent the actual experience you will have with Windows Vista if it were installed on your PC.
Watch out for black ice on the bridges!!!