Hey, the mouse wheel does something new!!!

I stumbled across something new and kewl.  During my journey to find a spiffy picture of the Reclusa keyboard, I noticed we had finally posted the IntelliPoint and IntelliType software that is compatible with Windows Vista.  So I installed it and was looking at the properties for my aging IntelliMouse Optical.

In reviewing the properties, I noticed the Wheel button property was linked to something called Instant Viewer.  So being the dive first and hope you don’t hit a rock type, I clicked the Wheel button and BAAAAAMMMMMM Batman, an Instant View of all of the running applications.  It’s like thumbnails on steroids.

So in the spirit of kewl pictures, I fired up a bunch of applications to give you a peek.  Pretty rad eh?  Click the image for a larger view.

1. Rob says:

neet.  I’ll have to try that tonight… I flattened my Vista machine again.  I have a spify screaming fast (5.6 Vista index) Dell 9200 with 4 gig of memory but I only get 3 gig in XP.  In Vista I also only get 3 gig so I flattened it and bumped up to Vista x64.  Bam, all 4 gig.  But… no drivers for my wireless adapter.  🙁

Flattened it again and went back to regular Vista (and only 3 gig memory).  I weep at the $120 667mhz 1 gig memory stick sitting idle…

2. reinstallmypc@hotmail.com says:

Great find Keith! I just installed and it works terrific! How about a post on DreamScene?

3. Rob says:

Dug around a little (ie, under 10 minutes) and discovered that XP and Vista 32 count the pagefile as main memory and you can’t have more then 4 gig of memory (32 bit address space).  So, disable the page file and the 4th gig becomes available.  Silly me.

4. Keith Combs says:

Significant chunks of address space below 4GB (the highest address accessible via 32-bit addressing) get reserved for use by system hardware:

•  the BIOS – including ACPI and legacy video support

•  the PCI bus including bridges etc.

•  if you’ve got PCI Express support that’ll reserve at least 256MB

5. Michael Gannotti says:

Very cool. I will have to download this asap.

Thanks for posting

Cool, and looks so much better than Expose 😉

7. Anne Stanton says:

Oh that is cool! Thanks 🙂 I have been trying to keep up with getting the drivers installed that should be installed for VISTA.

Muchto the confusion of my colleagues I have continued my Apple home hardware path. Yes, I am running