ASP.Net samples of WebDAV against Exchange 2003

In a previous entry, I received a comment about how there were no examples of using WebDAV in the Exchange SDK with ASP.Net… I forwarded it to our SDK team (who can be reached at exsdkfb AT microsoft DOT com) and they pointed out several examples for me:

If you would like to request any more managed code samples in the SDK, drop them a line at the email address above, or add a comment to this entry and I will forward it on.

Over a year ago we implemented Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory as the college’s primary email and collaborative (calendar, file sharing, etc…) system.  This will eventually replace our legacy Novell implementation.  What makes it interesting

2. Scott Galloway says:

I don’t actually know the correct way to do this (whether it’s WebDAV etc…), but I’d love to find out. What I’d like to do is find some way to add a Task &/ Appointment against a specific / group of users.

3. Scott Galloway says:

Umm…as usual I should’ve read the samples page first…but it’d be handy to have this is completely managed C# code 🙂

4. stefan demetz says:

there is no convenien API in .NET to use against Exchange/Outlook

I always thought MS could better capitalize on this for rich client debelopment

5. Oliver says:

I’ve found a web service on the exchange 2k sdk cd set, this allows you to do anything OWA can do. It would be great if this was re-released for exchange 2k3. I’ve found it to function correctly under exchange 2k3, but it would be nice to have it included on the sdk.

The last thing i would love to see, is a sample on how to include the OWA application within a custom .net portal application (like DotNetNuke) Currently I’m using a custom OWA IFRAME module that formats the url like "https://##user##:##password##@mail.domain.com/exchange/##user##/"

My main issue with this is alot of browsers don’t display IFrames, and working for a college alot of our users are on mac’s, and mainly safari currently doesn’t work with this method.

6. Sarath says:

Well is there is method to ge the appointments from the calender folder … if so can you provide me with the code for the web application vb.net or C#

Thanks

Sarath

7. rjw says:

The Exchange SDK (downloadable from http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange) has many samples dealing with appointments and calendaring, some of which are in managed code. In the table of contents, check under TasksMessaging and CollaborationCalendaring. There is also the Calendaring sample application in VB6 that is installed with the SDK.

8. haraldrohan says:

thanks

you saved my live.

9. Lee Flight says:

Any pointers for creating/editing rules through

ASP.NET over WebDAV? OWA 2003 manages to do it

in the premium client (using xmlns:a="WM") but

I cannot find any documentation on how to develop this. I need to provide the capability

for rules to basic clients (isMSIE5Rich=False)

as we have thousands of distance learners who

only visit us throught OWA and we want them to

be able to self-service create a forward rule.

A simple set/clear forward option in the options page of the OWA basic client would be ideal.

Thanks.

10. Anders Nilsson says:

Hi!

Anyone here or at MS that have any examples of how to use WebDAV and Exchange to send meeting requests to several participants.

I have managed to create the actual meeting request but how to get it to be sent out to the requested participants?

Any pointers ideas or best of all example code would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards // Anders Nilsson

Please respond to jan_anders_nilsson@hotmail.com

Best Regards Anders Nilsson

11. Gayathri Shekar says:

Click on the above URL – this KB article has code sample to send meeting request. Hope it helps.

12. mikinaki says:

HI .

I was woundering if using Webdev i can create new appointment.

Webdev allow remort access to perform remort operation on Exchange server and do following actions…

ListResources

CopyResource

DeleteResource

MoveResource

i wish to write a webservice which would communicate to Exchanged server and perfrom ceate , delete etc opertaion using webdev.

as both "my webservice" and exchange server will be located in different Machines.

any comments. how is it possible

i know creating appointment using other methods then "webdev" is possible . but it seem only webdev allows remort operations.

Urgent please.

13. KC Lemson says:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308373 might help, but if not I don’t have any other resources to point you at.

14. Rathish Nai says:

The requirement for me is opening a word document from the client. Is that possible through webDav . Actually I dont have much idea about WebDav . Can you help me on this.

Regards,

Rathish Nair

15. JeeHea Kwon says:

I Want to make a Exchange Application based C#….

Help Me~ ^^;;;;

16. Bill Grubbs says:

Just thought I’d share this asp.net calendar server control which pulls events from an Exchange store. You can download the source if want to check out how it works.

I’d like to add the ability to add/update events, but I haven’t found any VB.Net examples of this. Anyone know where I can find some?

17. Mahendran Govender says:

Hi,

The code in the msdn links is brilliant, but I cant find anything about how the SQL queries are formed, eg. what WHERE clause would I use to specify only Unread email should be returned etc. Anyone know anything about this?

18. Ryan Wike says:

There are quite a few topics and search examples in the Exchange SDK (download it from http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange) on SQL queries in the Architecture, Tasks, and Reference sections. Most of the search samples are for ExOLEDB, but the SQL queries are the same as those used in WebDAV searches. Also check out the store schema properties, such as urn:schemas:httpmail:read, in the Reference section for what can be searched on.

19. Vikas Nanda says:

Hello

how are you? I want to create a calendar programatically in ASP.NET from Microsoft Outlook 2003. How can i access user’s calendar eventsin VB.NET

My email is vnanda@nycboe.net

20. yvan says:

Hi All,

How do we add or remove attendess from a meeting using web DAV ?

21. rabbit says:

Am I missing something or is Exchange WebDAV unable to perform updates on existing items?

22. Vaibhav Gundapwar says:

Hi I would like to know is it possible to add Tasks in the same way using WebDAV as in appointment sample. Where can I find the schema for adding Tasks ?

23. Tim Almond says:

KC,

I’ve done some work in this area before, including processing mail attachments using WEBDAV. I’m thinking of using Exchange as a database for an ASP.NET booking system too.

There’s a bunch of VB.NET classes on Sourceforge called ExDAV which communicate with WEBDAV which have been useful.