Check out the MVP-submitted KB articles!

PSS has created a new process whereby MVPs can submit KB articles. Hours after being submitted, they are available online and show up in the search results along with articles written by Microsoft. You can look for articles submitted by MVPs by searching on the term “Community solutions”, plus a product name if you wish (click here for the Exchange articles). These articles will show up in the search results, and you can tell they are MVP-submitted content by the icon next to the title:

I am really jazzed about this. Over the last couple of years in working with MVPs, I’ve tried to get processes or systems built that allowed the MVPs to submit KB ideas to me, and I would then push them through the process, but it was always time intensive, and of course made me the bottleneck. This is a great automated system that any MVP has access to, which in turn benefits all customers.

Of course, there’s also one interesting side effect – MVP’s can no longer complain that there’s not a KB for an issue, now it’s up to them to write it ;-)

Microsoft MVP’s can submit articles to the Microsoft Knowledge Base. PSS has created a new process whereby MVPs can submit KB articles. Hours after being submitted, they are available online and show up in the search results along with articles written…

Link "PSS has created a new process whereby MVPs can submit KB articles. Hours after being submitted, they are available online and show up in the search results along with articles written by Microsoft." Now this is a great idea, letting the people that deal with day to day issues post directly to the MSFT Knowledge Base. Great decision on Microsoft’s end!…

3. Adam Field says:

Maybe one day i’ll get to write one 😀

4. rb says:

some of the XP articles look a bit sketchy..

5. It’s nice. I posted one. That damned disclaimer at the top each one is really annoying, but, well, lawyers are lawyers.

–Brian Desmond

Windows Server MVP

6. KC Lemson says:

Yep… I’m not a fan of it either, but I understand why we need it.

7. KC Lemson says:

rb: The articles are not tech reviewed by Microsoft before being published. It’s up to the MVP to verify the accuracy of the content.