Here is a list of the top Microsoft Support solutions for the most common issues experienced when using Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines.
1. Solutions related to inability to connect to virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or Secure Shell (SSH):
- How to Reset a Password or the Remote Desktop Service for Windows Virtual Machines
- Troubleshoot Remote Desktop connections to a Windows-based Azure Virtual Machine
- How to Use VMAccess for Linux Virtual Machines
- Set up endpoints on a virtual machine in Azure
2. Solutions related to deploying a new virtual machine:
- Azure Storage Scalability and Performance Targets | Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Subscription and Service Limits, Quotas, and Constraints
- Virtual Machine and Cloud Service Sizes for Azure
- Sizes for cloud services
- Virtual machine sizes
3. Solutions related to inability to stop, start, or restart a virtual machine:
4. Solutions related to virtual machine restarts:
- Why did my Azure VM restart?
- Mark Russinovich’s Blog
- Windows Azure IaaS Host OS Update Demystified
- Service Healing – Auto-recovery of Virtual Machines ...
- Taking a closer look at Microsoft Azure Maintenance to ...
- Planned maintenance for Azure virtual machines