Well, I know it’s been awhile….but I’m back. Several of you were kind enough to send me gentle reminders that I have been neglecting my blog, and were worried that I may indeed have dropped off the face of the Earth. Not so.
Where Have You Been, Kai?
- In Munich, Germany (see above photo) for their first ever Chief Security Officer Council
- In Redmond, WA for Microsoft’s Law Enforcement Tech Conference 2008
- Home to Dallas, TX for the Dallas Chamber of Commerce Technology Business Council luncheon with 800 business executives
- In Toronto, for the Canadian Law Enforcement Cyber Crime Conference 2008
- Off on a 3-week Energize Your Career: Security bootcamp tour in Canada hitting Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, Regina, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton
- Back to Toronto for Energize IT 2008
- Up to Seattle for the Authentication and Online Trust Alliance (AOTA) Forum
……..and now….I’m in Orlando for TechEd IT Pro 2008. <whew!>
So now what?
Now I get to start focusing on developing new presentations for you! Here are some of the ideas I’m leaning towards, and I’d love to here if it’s something you’d enjoy seeing:
- BotNets: A demo heavy session showing you how botnets work, what they’re being used for, and most importantly, how you can mitigate the risk they present.
- Data Governance "Soup To Nuts": Seems like everyone is talking about DG these days. You’re hearing it from the execs, who preach it’s importance to the IT Managers. Everyone looks at you and wants to know how are you going to make it happen? This 8-part series will walk you demonstrations and examples of how to do this, from start to finish.
I’m also going to finally get this whole blog Silverlight enabled, so I can challenge my good buddy and old teammate, Keith Combs, for the title of IT Pro Silverlight King!