I wanted to thank Keith Combs and his excellent blog for reminding everyone of my man-crush on Jack Bauer. Someone pointed me to a terrific website and I just had to share. It’s called “Top 100 Facts About Jack Bauer“. Here are some of the best:
“The 2007 budget for the US Military covers Jack Bauer, two pistols and four billion rounds of ammunition.”
“Jack Bauer doesn’t have a firewall on his PC. He has a Bauerwall. It’s basically just a JPEG of Jack Bauer. No virus has ever attacked Jack Bauer’s PC. Ever.”
“Most pilots need 5,000 feet of runway to land a plane. Jack Bauer needs 100 feet and a gun.”
“When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn’t go off, security gives him a gun.”
…now I will say that I was late to the game and have just started watching “24” Season 5 on Netflix, and plan on catching up to Season 6 (the current season) in the next few weeks. Please pray for my wife as I force her to sit and watch Season 5 in 4-hour increments.
Here’s a good list compiled by one of my peers about what he’s learned from Jack:
Things I learned from Jack Bauer
- Shut up and shoot.
- Always carry a large cal pistol. Use frequently.
- Chicks dig scars. Don’t shoot em.
- Bad guys are bad, and they’re not stupid. Shoot em.
- Good guys can do bad things. Shoot em.
- Bad guys can do good things, but they’re still bad; someone will have to be shot to compensate.
- When bad guys detonate bombs, people get killed.
- Cell phone reception is always good no matter where you are.
- You can get across LA in less than an hour. Even after a bomb goes off downtown.
- Bad guys actually can shoot straight. Shoot em before they get the chance.
- No one ever says good-bye on the phone, they just hang up
- Jack doesn’t .