We only have very limited openings right now at MS, but i heard about one great opportunity with our company.
The sales team is looking for a SQL Technology Specialist. Contact me if you are interested and I will put you in contact with the hiring manager. Below is the Job description. If that describes you, let me know.
Data Platform Technology Specialist
The South Central Sales District has an immediate opening for a Data Platform Technology Specialist located out of Dallas. The successful candidate will provide strategic technical leadership supporting Microsoft customers and partners to adopt, deploy, and support solutions based on SQL Server and related Data Management technologies. This person will be critical in assisting the South Central District achieve its SQL Server revenue goals by providing deep technical expertise, effective sales support, and superior customer focus.
- Provide strategic technical advice to customers, communicating value-added contributions of MS products and services, including both long term messages about products, technologies, and services, as well as short term positioning for competitive situations or dynamic market conditions
- Provide technical expertise in helping customers evaluate solutions based on your product, while influencing the business decision making process. Must help enterprise customers understand how your products can be applied to drive business value
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate the key strengths and functional breadth of Microsoft SQL Server and integration of our product line for development and deployment.
- Drive the business value message of SQL Server through effective business oriented product presentations
- Increase and accelerate SQL Server deployments.
- Identify opportunities to position Microsoft’s data management platform through long-term relationships with customers’ technical decision makers
- Create replicable assets (demos, solutions) that help scale sales efforts and collapse sales cycles
- Create a technical sales plan to advance Microsoft’s data management platform across designated customer base
- Drive customer and partner satisfaction for your products and solutions.
- Connect enterprise customers and partners back to the product groups
- Assist with partner and internal sales readiness
- Team with Sales Representatives, Partners, Microsoft Consulting Services and Marketing to meet customer needs.
- Support proof of concepts projects proving Microsoft’s capabilities meeting customer’s requirements.
- Technical pre-sales experience:7+ years with proven skills and experience.
- SQL Engine and Tuning Skills, SQL Upgrades and Competitive Migrations. Practical knowledge and experience. Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse experience.
- Communication excellence: Strong presentation skills, delivering persuasive presentations to both technical and business decision makers.
- Enterprise-Scale: database application development and architecture experience.
- Consultative Selling Experience: Proven success with enterprise customers, working knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics and business value selling including but not limited to, strategic planning, risk analysis and business justification.
- Sales Teamwork: High degree of collaboration with multiple Microsoft sales personnel, as well as Microsoft Partners will be required for success.
- Technical Skills: Deep (level 300/400) working knowledge/experience using SQL Server and its’ major competitors. Microsoft DB certifications preferred.
- Successful candidates will also understand and are able to articulate the Microsoft Application Platform and BI strategy and our integrated innovation story.
- Successful candidates will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with a Microsoft product certification or MCSE.
- Travel: Candidates must be able to travel (across TX, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma) as opportunities warrant.