Apparently the directions to Download/install the Office 2007 that we are giving away at our events isn't very clear. When you download it, you are prompted for a trial key, don't use that one use the key give out in your kit from the event. Also be careful of the printing on the keys. The Ink will smear.
Below are specific instructions from my teammate Mr. Keith Combs. you can check out his blog here:
From Keith's blahg:
As many of you are aware, I actually test our stuff to make sure it's working. I signup for my webcasts and test that process. I signup for our live events and test that. I have a TechNet subscription. I do this so I can see what you see and hopefully head off any issues.
So I grabbed one of the Launch 2007 Resource Kits at my show on Thursday and just got around to testing the Office 2007 download. I encountered the following instructions:
Office 2007 Product Download Procedure
To install your copy of Office Professional 2007 and Office Groove 2007, please follow these steps:
- Click on the link below for the product you'd like to download and install - a new window will open.
- On the product page, click "Try now for FREE!".
- Log-in to Passport (Windows Live ID).
- Please provide Registration information and click "Continue".
- On the download page, click "Download Now". Please use the Product Key provided in the kit you received at the launch event to unlock your product. Disregard the trial Product Key presented on this page*.
- Product download times will vary.
- Once the download completes, click "Continue".
- You will receive an email during the download process – please DISREGARD the Product Key in that email and ONLY use the Product Key provided in the kit you received at launch.
The net net is that the key you received with your kit, is the non time bombed key to use. Sorry for any confusion on this. I guess we decided to leverage the download area which is very very fast. I received the download at 1.8meg per second. Smokin.