MDOP 2012 Application Virtualization 5.0 Deployment Document

Hi All :

This document will to show you how to implementing Application Virtualization 5.0 deployment, and how to sequence application and so on .

More information you can reference TechNet library :  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713487.aspx

Please use Adobe Reader X or above version to open.

Enjoy!

Justin Gao

Microsoft (China)

MDOP 2012 App-V 5.0 Deployment Document.rar

1. Justin Gao says:

Hi Ram :
    Regarding App-V H/A scenario, the App-V 5.0 Management server provides overall management functionality for the App-V 5.0 infrastructure. Additionally, you can install more than one instance of the management server in your environment which provides the following
    benefits:

Fault Tolerance and High Availability – Installing and configuring the App-V 5.0 Management server on two separate computers can help in situations when one of the servers is unavailable or offline.

You can also help increase App-V 5.0 availability by installing the Management server on multiple computers. In this scenario, a network load balancer should also be considered so that server requests are balanced.

2. Justin Gao says:

Hi Ram :

I had update my document.

Thank you!

I followed the document to the DOT – Unfortunately on the client machine the update and download button are GRAYED OUT and the published apps are not showing up.  The connection group and package are published on Management Server yet the app is not showing up on the client side.  Don't know how to troubleshoot the issue.

4. Justin Gao says:

Hi Lanram:

Could you try to restart Microsoft App-V Client service?

I am not sure the service still alive.

I was able to fix the issue.  It was SMB – Permission issue with the share.  Now everything is working fine.

Just need one help deploying app-v client to various workstatiqons through sccm using msi or exe file.  Looking for solution on the NET.

I hope you can help me here.  I sequenced around 9 applications during the weekend.  All of them were working after fine.  Today morning when, I tried to test these applications again I keep getting this error – The application failed to launch.  This may be due to a network failure – Error Code 0x84000d2a-00000436.

There is no issue within the network.  I can browse content folder on the publishing server + did check the permission for content folder (App-v Administrators – Full Access + App-v User – Read Access).  Yet, I keeping getting this error for every application sequenced.  Been searching the net for solution – None found yet.

I even tried sync the publishing server through powershell – yet no luck to resolve this issue.

It looks like the PDF file has error after download.  Cannot open the file.

8. Justin Gao says:

Yes lanram, by default,the client not assign App-V publishing server, so you need use "Add-AppvPublsihingServer -URL http(s)://<publishing server name or FQDN>" to registration.

Thanks a lot.  Have been waiting for such a release from you especially based on past material relating to System Center 2012.

Will you come out with a new install notes on how to deploy App-V 5.0 client through CM2012 SP1?  In the meantime, I will search google for complete instructions……

11. Justin Gao says:

Hi Lanram:

You can packaging App-V 5.0 Client from Application node, and use command:

technet.microsoft.com/…/jj713460.aspx

I was able to resolve the issue – It was publishing server not refreshing properly.  This KB helped – support.microsoft.com/…/2778168 – How to troubleshoot publishing server refresh failures in App-V v5.  Now everything is working fine.

Thanks for all your install notes help.

13. Justin Gao says:

Hi Lanram:

Please use adobe reader X or above version.

All working fine.  I just downloaded the PDF at work – No issue whatsoever with the PDF file.  Ignore my request and sorry for the confusion.  I may have to check my home computer for PDF software issue – Might have to reinstalL Adobe Reader & Pro XI.  Thanks…..

Will try during the weekend and will update.

16. Ram Karthik says:

I am using Adobe Reader XI and Adobe Pro XI.  Yet i keep getting this error

"THERE WAS AN ERROR OPENING THE DOCUMENT.  THE FILE IS DAMAGED AND COULD NOT BE REPAIRED"

I have no problem opening other PDF files.  I still believe the file is damaged during your upload process or during the creation of the document.  Can you please share it in Microsoft Word format pls….

TKS

17. Ram Karthik says:

Will you be coming out with a new deploy document for MDOP 2013 R2???

18. Justin Gao says:

Hi Ram:

I have not it so far.

Thank you!

19. Ram Karthik says:

I am carrying out production deployment of App-v 5.0 SP2. I have one question.

The setup is as follows:
    2 servers will be running App-v (Management,Publishing & Reporting – i.e appv1 and appv2)
    SQL 2012 SP1 – AlwaysOn

The reason we have going for appv1 and appv2 is in the event one server goes down users will still have appv2 to run virtual applications.

During app-v server install we have to pick the ports. I am going to pick 55555, 55556 and 55557 for Management, Reporting and Publishing. Can, I use same ports for appv2 as well?

Thanks