Hi All :
Data protection is essential to a business or organization, and System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager (DPM) is an effective solution for providing that protection.
DPM includes the following features:
- Disk-based data protection and recovery.
- Command-line scripting using Windows PowerShell.
- Enterprise deployment methods for distributing the DPM agent.
- Enterprise monitoring with Operations Manager.
- Tape-based backup and archive solutions.
- Disaster recovery solutions, which provides bare-metal recovery of servers and desktops running Windows.
You can back up the DPM database to tape, or you can use a second DPM server in a geographically separated location to protect the primary DPM server.
If you use a second DPM server, you can restore data to protected computers directly from the secondary DPM server. The secondary DPM server can also protect computers until the primary DPM server is brought back online.
- DPM provides protection of the following items:
- File data from volumes, shares, and folders.
- Application data, such as Microsoft Exchange Server storage groups, Microsoft SQL Server databases, Windows SharePoint Services farms, and Microsoft Virtual Server and its virtual machines.
- Files for workstations running Windows XP Professional SP2 and all Windows Vista editions except Home.
- Files and application data on clustered servers.
- System state for protected file and application servers.
Now , you can download System Center 2012 DPM RC to testing , about deployment DPM 2012 RC , you can reference this document .