Hi All :
Lync Server 2010 is very important product in UC , lots of customers had to deploy it. But how to identify and resolve problems with your Lync Server deployment ? I think Lync Server 2010 BPA is a best tool.
With the proper network access, the Best Practices Analyzer can examine servers running Active Directory Domain Services, Exchange Server Unified Messaging (UM), and Lync Server. You can use Best Practices Analyzer to do the following:
- Proactively perform checks, verifying that the configuration is set according to recommended best practices.
- Automatically detect required updates to Lync Server 2010.
- Generate a list of issues, such as suboptimal configuration settings, unsupported options, missing updates, or practices that we do not recommend.
- Help you troubleshoot and fix specific problems.
Best Practices Analyzer provides the following features:
- Minimal installation prerequisites.
- Online documentation about reported issues, including troubleshooting tips.
- Configuration information that you can save for later review.
- State-of-the-art system analysis.
Lync Server 2010 BPA is a separate tool , you can download it from this link : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=211230
Download and install BPA , you can see this icon :
Click it will open BPA home page :
If you the first use it , i suggest you need to check updates .Updated finished , you will go to Connect to Active Directory phase , then you can setting connect domain controller and permission :
Setting finished , you can connect it , waiting just minunts , you can go to Start a new Best Practices scan phase :
Then you can choose analyzer objects that you needed and start scanning :
Waiting some mins , scanning completed ! Now you can see detail result :
In View a report page , you can see relate components recommendation and more informations.
Great ! lets our start resolve all issues !