RSAT tools for Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Many of you have asked about when the RSAT tools for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 would be available for download.  As of this morning, the target download date that I was given is today.

UPDATE:

Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows® 7 with SP1 enables IT administrators to manage roles and features that are installed on computers that are running Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server® 2008, or Windows Server® 2003, from a remote computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1.

Hope that helps.

–Joseph

1. No, its the same RSAT package as previously released as far as I know.

2. Yes, I havent heard any different.

3. anony.muos says:

According to the VPC guy's blog: blogs.msdn.com/…/updated-windows-virtual-pc-installer.aspx, the WVPC installer also had to be updated. Please do not repeat this for SP2 or Windows 8. Additional component downloads should not be tied to service packs.

4. GeOS says:

Gracias, o espero con ansias.

5. Trevor says:

Just curious if this was still on track for the 12th.  Many people itching to get this…..

6. That's less than a week 🙂

7. John says:

Finally

8. Jason says:

This has been a real PITA.  I hope MS realizes that their OS is totally useless to administrators when the tools don't work on them.  Come on MS, get your head out of your ***!

9. tomS. says:

Can't wait..  I have always used these tools to keep things organized and me productive.

10. Kyle says:

Yay!  Finally a date to mark.  Thanks Microsoft!

11. susan says:

Download details: Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1):

I think Xmas came early

12. anony.muos says:

It's there now but I refuse to download it. Vista RSAT tools were 17 MB (x86) and 24 MB (x64). Windows 7 SP1 RSAT 230 MB (x86) and 239 MB!!! (x64). WHAT HAPPENED????

13. susan says:

And your alternative is…what?

What was the size of the Win7 one before?  Can't benchmark to Vista.

14. Yes, thank you!

We have fast internet connections so the size won't be a problem 😉

15. anony.muos says:

Whatever has made the size grow 13 times from the RC (which was 35 and 42 MB), can't it be packaged separately? Probably the Hyper-V remote management tools. Maybe size for Windows 7 SP2 RSAT will be 2.3 GB. Downloading is not a problem at all </sarcasm>

16. Does it include any enhancements? says:

Apart from the fact that it will install on SP1 systems, do the new packages include any new functionality, bug fixes, or whatever?  That is, if I already installed RSAT on a system before SP1 was installed, should I be removing it and installing the SP1 version?