SecurityPFE Jon Shectman
I am a Microsoft Associate Cybersecurity Architect working in the area of security and specializing in the area of auditing the hybrid cloud. This is my blog to share Security insights from real-world situations that I encounter working with Premier customers. I'll share insights around Credential Theft Mitigation, Modern Defense Strategies, Credential Hygiene, and most especially Project VAST (the Visual Auditing Security Tool).
With my busy schedule of helping customers, I pledge to post deep and relevant content to this blog once a month. If your company has a security project and wishes to engage Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), then I would be delighted to visit your company and work with you on your Security Journey. Please contact your Account Team. For information on your company becoming a Premier or MCS customer, please click here. Tell them I sent you. 🙂
Jon Shectman is a Microsoft Associate Cybersecurity Architect working in the area of security and specializing in auditing the hybrid cloud. He helps Microsoft Premier customers achieve more on their Security Journey. Jon's TechNet blog focuses on real-world solutions that he encounters working with Premier customers. He frequently leads creation of Microsoft managed services offerings for Premier customer consumption. Jon is also a Master Trainer of his fellow PFEs for many Premier offerings. He also frequently speaks at Microsoft Ready and Premier Security events around North America. Finally, Jon is co-lead of the Worldwide Security Community at Microsoft.
- Microsoft Ready conference sessions:
- Removing Security Blockers and Enforcing Compliance through the new Azure-based Visual Auditing Security Tool (Project VAST)
- Advanced Threat Analytics V1.8: Deployment Field Notes
- Advanced Threat Analytics configuration checkup
- Tales from the Data Crypt: Killer Issues from AD Security Assessments
- Modern DSE Offerings (Cybersecurity DSE)
- Taste of Premier videos (Channel 9)
- Keynote Speaker Premier Security Series: Modern Attack, Modern Defense
- Some industry coverage of Project VAST:
Areas of special interest:
- Security Auditing and Detection
- Advanced Threat Analytics, Azure ATP, and Early Detection
- Security in a Mobile-First, Cloud-First World
- Married more than 20 years to my amazing wife. Two sharp sons.
- Enjoy the outdoors, music, sports, and vegetarian food.
- Love those sweet airline seats. Especially regional jets. 🙂