The latest Update Rollup has been released for System Center. It contains fixes for many System Center components, including Orchestrator and VMM, and should be treated as a mandatory install.
It is pushed out by Windows Update, but the VMM installation requires a SQL script to be run. If you don’t run the script, you haven’t completed the update for VMM. Other SC products do not have a SQL script update to worry about.
Here’s the link to the update. Remember to run the SQL script for VMM!
VMM installation instructions
There is a link on the update page above that takes you over to another KB where the SQL script and installation instructions are. Here’s that link:
The instructions are:
“Important After you install the update package, you must apply the following SQL script on your Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft SQL Server database for Update Rollup 2 to function correctly.”
This means simply:
- Stop the VMM Server Service on the VMM server
- Open SQL Project Studio
- Connect to your VMM SQL database
- Open a New Query in Project Studio
- Copy and paste the script from the web page into this query
- Make sure the database in the dropdown to the left indicates the name of your VMM database and not something like ‘Master’
- Press F5 or the Execute button to perform the update
- Start the VMM Server Service up again. Done