The SCVMM 2008 and 2008 R2 Microsoft Product Support Reports helps Support Professionals, IT Pros and System Administrators gathering critical system and logging information used in troubleshooting support issues. Built upon the success of earlier versions of SCVMM MPS Reports, this new release adds compatibility for SCVMM 2008 R2 and Windows 2008 R2 OS platform.
SCVMM 2008 and 2008 R2 MPS Reports are available at the Download Center URL link here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4e3dc013-c299-4b80-9735-64a8b9fa60c7
The Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) version of the MPS Reporting Tool gathers the following diagnostic data for the VMM server, the virtual machine hosts and library servers that the VMM server manages, and physical to virtual conversion (P2V) source computers:
- Virtual Machine Manager traces
- Virtual Machine Manager database
- Windows event logs and virtual server event logs
- IP address
- Virtual Machine Manager setup logs
- SQL Server setup logs
- Registry information
- Open ports information
- System Information (msinfo)
INSTALLING THE MPS REPORTING TOOL
>>>To install the MPS Reporting Tool
- Download the file MPSRPT_SCVMM.exe.
- Copy the file to the computer on which you want to diagnose problems.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt window with administrative privileges, and then run MPSRPT_SCVMM.exe., or right-click MPSRPT_SCVMM.exe, and then click “Run as Administrator”.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
By default, the MPS Reporting Tool is installed in the %SystemRoot%\MPSReports\VirtualMachineManager folder.