At this IT Camp, the agenda is up to you! We will have professional speakers flying in ready to teach about systems management in the morning. They will have a list of topics for us to "vote on". The topic that gets the most votes wins, that will be the session covered. We will be running two or three tracks throughout the day, each track will have a theme. One of the tracks is a hands on lab so make sure you bring your computer so you can participate in the labs!!
Microsoft Office's - 201 Jones - Road Sixth Floor - Waltham, MA 02451
Friday, October 28, 2011 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
Click HERE to Register!!!!
Track 1: Systems Management
System Center, AD, PowerShell, Group Policy, DNS, Etc
Track 2: Virtualization
Hyper-V, System Center, RDS, App-V, Etc
Track 3: Hands-on
Bring your hyper-V ready computer to participate (Build Private Cloud??)
*** Download software and bring with you, we will help you install it... See below for download links.
During the day and at lunch we will fill the afternoon sessions board with other topics. We will vote on the topics and if we have someone that can lead the discussion, that session will be put on the schedule.
Because these sessions are not pre-planned, don't expect to see a lot of PowerPoint presentations. In addition to the track managers, we will be looking for at least two volunteers for each session. One to lead the session and one to take notes. The session leader can choose how to run the session, for example the leader may make a presentation or chair a group discussion on the topic or create a panel discussion. In any case, we encourage the leader to coax the group to stay reasonably on topic and cover as many of the requested ideas included in the topic.
Morning Session descriptions and abstracts will be up soon. Likely by Oct 3rd.
Since this is a community generated event, the agenda is subject to change. But here is what we *think* is going to happen:
- 8:00 Doors Open for Setup
- 8:30 Registration Sign-in (make sure we know you are here or there may not be enough lunch!)
- 9:00-9:45 Morning Session 1 Introduction / Keynote / Dan Stolts (The ITProGuru)
- 10:00 Instructions for Idea & Topic Generation & Vote on remaining morning sessions
- 10:15 - 10:30 Networking, Topic Discussion
- 10:30 - 11:15 Morning Session 2
- 11:15 - 12:00 Morning Session 3
- 12:00 Lunch -
- 12:45 Count the Votes and schedule afternoon sessions.There are three session slots for each time period and four time periods. Each time slot will be around 50 minutes (exact length to be determined).
- 1:00pm Afternoon Session 1 topic to be determined (three tracks)
- 1:00 - 4:00 Afternoon Session Timeslots
- 4:00 - 5:00 Synopsis of the Camp Day Sessions
- Raffle / Wrap-up / Cleanup
Hands On Labs!!!
If you want to do some hands-on labs download the software and bring your machine with Hyper-V 2008 R2 installed so you’ll be ready to install virtual machines!!!