Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Beta 1 rides the next wave of System Center releases with support for System Center Configuration Manager 2012. For Lite Touch installations, MDT 2012 improves the overall client-side user experience, while also providing behind-the-scenes enhancements for partitioning, UEFI, and user state migration. These features, combined with many small enhancements, bug fixes, and a smooth and simple upgrade process, make MDT 2012 Beta 1 more reliable and flexible than ever!!!
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Beta 1 Details
With MDT 2012 Beta 1, the feature improvements span all installation scenarios. For User Driven and Zero Touch installations, MDT 2012 Beta 1 fully leverages the capabilities provided by System Center Configuration Manager 2012. MDT 2012 Beta 1 is integrated into the new Configuration Manager 2012 console, which provides wizards for creating task sequences and boot images, and task sequence actions. Lite Touch user experience and functionality is improved with more flexible partitioning, improved client-side wizards, integrated UEFI deployment capabilities, improved user state migration process, and a new “Deploy to VHD” scenario. Existing MDT users will find more reliability and flexibility with the many small enhancements and bug fixes and a smooth and simple upgrade process.
- Fully leverages the capabilities provided by System Center Configuration Manager 2012 for OS deployment.
- Improved Lite Touch user experience and functionality.
- A smooth and simple upgrade process for all existing MDT users.
For System Center Configuration Manager customers:
- Support for Configuration Manager 2012 (while still supporting Configuration Manager 2007)
For Lite Touch Installation:
- More flexible partitioning
- Enhanced client-side user experience
- Integrated UEFI deployment capabilities
- New “Deploy to VHD” scenario
For all customers:
- Improved user state migration process
- Many small enhancements and bug fixes
Click on the link to join the MDT 2012 Beta 1