If you’re using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 then you’ll be pleased to know the MDT 2010 Update 1, the newest version of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, is now available!
What is the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1
It’s Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment. MDT 2010 Update 1 supports deployment of Windows 7, Office 2010, and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to deployment of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP.
The MDT provides you with the following benefits:
- Unified tools and processes, including a set of guidance, for deploying desktops and servers in a common deployment console.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
- Fully automated Zero Touch Installation deployments by utilizing System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 and Windows deployment tools. For those without a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure, MDT uses Windows deployment tools for Lite Touch Installation deployments.
Some of the key changes in MDT 2010 Update 1 are:
- Comprehensive tools and guidance to efficiently manage large-scale deployments of Microsoft Office 2010.
- A new User-Driven Installation (UDI) deployment method that utilizes System Center Configuration Manager. UDI lets end users initiate and customize an OS deployment on their PCs—via an easy-to-use wizard.
- Automatically detects the true supported platforms for drivers, reducing deployment issues.