Spent the day in SPECOPS event at the Microsoft Alpharetta office. Most of the day was spent with Jeremy Moskowitz, Group Policy MVP from GPanswers.com. He talked about what’s new in Group Policy with Windows Server 2008 R2 as well as rolling out Windows 7. Here’s the agenda:
What’s new when rolling out Windows Server 2008 R2
- What´s new in Group Policy
- How to increase security for your Windows infrastructure
- Fine Grained Password Policies (FGPP) with Windows Server 2008
- Further enhancements of Windows Password Management
- Third party solutions for enhanced Windows Password Management
What’s new when rolling out Windows 7
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Solutions to facilitate deployment of Windows 7 to the Enterprise
- Learn other "What's New" tips in Group Policy for Windows 7 and leverage your existing investment when deploying Windows 7!
- Third party solutions for enhanced Windows 7 deployment
- And much more...
In the afternoon there was a cool demonstration of the Specops Password Policy (SPP) tool. See the video below for a quick overview: